Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Blessing

This week my wife and I are taking a few days of vacation. We are headed to Olive Branch, Mississippi to visit with our daughter and the grand babies. We are so excited because it has been several months since we have seen them. The mere fact that we get to visit will be a celebration within itself. However, added to this excitement will be the opportunity for us to participate in a wedding ceremony and to welcome into our family a new son-in-law. For me an occasion such as this provides the opportunity to speak words of blessing. In a world where curses are unleashed daily through the use of inappropriate words it is refreshing to change the atmosphere by speaking blessings. It is a well known fact that our words can light up a room or bring incredible darkness. They can produce hope or hopelessness as well as fear or faith. In light of this, it is so important that we be prepared to say the right things. So in my preparation I came across what is called the "Irish Wedding Blessing." I thought how great it will be to speak these words over my family. But even greater was the thought of what a privilege it would be for me to speak it over those who read this blog. Although it is intended for a specific audience, I close by offering this as a blessing to you and your family!
May God be with you and bless you
May you see your children's children,
May you be poor in misfortunes,
Rich in blessings,
May you know nothing but happiness,
From this day forward

No comments:

Post a Comment