Sunday, July 8, 2012

Instant Stain Remover

A few days ago I left the house and headed to a restaurant to have lunch with a friend.  Upon arrival we ordered greasy hamburgers with all the trimmings and fries.  While in the process of indulging I suddenly looked down and realized I had dropped food on my brand new necktie. Needless to say it was quite disappointing to see the greasy spot the drippings had left behind. I shared my feelings of distress with the friend and was quickly encouraged by his response.  “Do you have any instant stain remover?” I replied “no” which was my best answer, given the fact that I really didn’t know much about the product.  He said, “I have a tube in the car, we’ll try some when we’re finished eating and it will take that spot right out.” We walked to his car located the “Tide to Go” and made the application. Amazingly the spot disappeared before my eyes.  I thought, “This is incredible.” On Sunday morning I was reminded of this story after our worship leader led us in the song, “What Can Wash Away My Sin.”  I thought my tie was ruined but then came the application of something greater than the power of the stain. The same is the case with our spiritual lives.  We think we are ruined for life when sin enters our lives.  The spots are so dark, shameful, and disfiguring. However, there is a product that can wash away our sin. Although unpopular in today’s culture the blood of Jesus is still needful. It is greater than the spot of our sin and will forever be God’s instant stain remover.       

No comments:

Post a Comment