Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Thief Needs No Assistance

In John chapter 10 Jesus described the devil as a thief whose primary goal is to “steal, kill and destroy.”  With that being said, we must realize he works with great success and certainly doesn’t need any assistance from us. Let me illustrate my point with an experience my son-in-law had a few days ago. He has a mobile home next to his parents where he keeps some equipment and an old truck. His mother called him and said, “Those boys you sent over here to get your truck broke my water line and I have water going everywhere. You need to get them to fix it.”  He said “do what?”  She said, “Those boys you sent over here to get that truck busted my water line and it needs to be fixed.” He said, “I didn’t send anybody to get a truck.”  She said, “Well I guess I need to go get your dad and tell him to come back to the house, he’s got the tractor down there helping them to load it up.” As it turned out the boys were stealing the truck and his father was helping them.  Of course my son-in-law called the sheriff’s office and they came out and arrested them.  If we are not careful we will find ourselves assisting the very thief who is out to destroy us.  We help him every time we operate with the spirit of unforgiveness.  We help him when we yield to temptation. We help him when we become too preoccupied with the minor things forgetting that which is major; when we parade without praying, we yearn without yielding and tread without trusting. With all of the enemy’s deceptive ability let us be careful to heed the words of scripture and “be wise as serpents but harmless as doves” because the thief needs no assistance.   

No comments:

Post a Comment