Sunday, December 28, 2014

He Doesn’t Return Gifts

Have you ever received a gift you considered invaluable; one so special that it will forever be a part of your life? I was fortunate enough to receive one of those from my granddaughter Kaylin, on Christmas Day. I have included a picture so you can see for yourself; when you see it and read the inscription I think you will agree.


What makes a gift like this so precious? First it’s original. That means it’s an item that cannot be purchased in any store. But most of all its priceless because it is given by someone you know loves you.  I wish all gifts could fit into that category. However, we know that’s just not the case. For this reason people will stand in long lines during the next few days for the purpose of returning a gift they were given during Christmas.  Their reasons will vary: it doesn’t fit, it’s the wrong color, it’s a duplicate of what they already have, or it’s of no use.  In the scope of humanity this can be disappointing at times but it’s really not a big deal.  On the other hand, when we consider the spiritual it’s another matter altogether.  What if God returned that which He unwrapped ? Quite frankly, all of the things we give Him might be considered menial. Yet, He unwraps us in our sinful state smiles and says, “This is a keeper;” a message Christ was trying to convey when He stated, “All that the Father gives me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.”  It’s important my granddaughter knows I will never have any desire to return her gift. It’s something I will cherish as long as I live.  More importantly, God wants us to know how much He cherishes us--He doesn’t return gifts!  

No comments:

Post a Comment