Monday, August 16, 2010

The Light

I returned home this evening from a long day to a house filled with darkness. Our power is off. It's amazing how accustomed we become to the blessing of light. Little do we assess its importance until we find ourselves without it. Once you get accustomed to the brightness of hundred watt bulbs, the flicker of candle light just doesn't suffice. As I roam around the house walking is difficult, eating is an even bigger challenge and reading is just out of the question. "What do I do in this darkness?" It is at this point that I am struck with the truth that light is just as important to us spiritually. Wasn't this the point Jesus was trying to make when he stated, "I am the light of the world; whoever follows me shall not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." Everything about us depends upon our being exposed to Jesus the light of life. Our walk, diet, and perception are all dependent upon it. With this in mind, suddenly I hear a sound, and witness a flash. Darkness is expelled and once again light fills our home. I can see. This experience leaves me with a greater appreciation for electricity but more importantly Jesus. I just wonder "has the light come on for you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment