Sunday, January 16, 2011

Only in Eternity

I don't know how you handle a Sunday evening but this is typically my routine. I come home, change clothes, take a seat on the couch and reflect. That reflection normally involves rehearsing parts of my message and asking certain questions. "Did I say the right things? Did I connect with the people? Did they understand the points being made?" Most importantly is the question, "Did the services bring about change?" The only problem is there is no criteria or assessment tool that allows one to evaluate the final results. On this night my inquiry continues but with an added bit of interest. We're just completing the first week of a twenty-one day fast. I'm hungry, tired, and moderately depressed. This all comes with the turf, especially when you're glancing at the TV and all you see is Pizza, Subs, and McRibs. But they that "endure to the end" will enjoy such morsels on another day. While trying to be humorous there is one other question that preoccupies my mind; "Will my preaching, fasting and praying really make a difference?" Those reading this will admit I'm not alone on this one. You want to know too! To get the answer I realize that my focus has to change from the seen to the unseen. The truth is obedience produces opposition which produces obscurity. Although unmeasurable with the naked eye or ear, there is a profound sense that in the spirit realm things are happening in my life as well as the lives of others and will be known ONLY IN ETERNITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment