Sunday, July 31, 2011

YOU ARE BEING WATCHED

While in a place of business recently I looked into the corner of the room and saw what appeared to be a little round video monitor. Although I had no intention of stealing anything, or compromising myself with some ludicrous activity, it still felt eerie. Did you know that at this very moment you are being watched? How does that make you feel—afraid, uncomfortable, possibly distressed? My momentary discomfort led me to remember an experience I had several years ago that gave me new revelation. It came as I was putting my youngest grandchild to bed. While placing a blanket over her I noticed something adjacent to the bed. My curiosity got the best of me so I asked my daughter what it was. To my surprise she informed me that it was a camera. She then told me to go to her bedroom and watch the small television screen. I was amazed as I stood there watching every little move and listening to every little sound the baby made. I thought this is wonderful. Then I remembered reading about someone else whose eyes are upon us. You may have read it too, “the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry.” I thought, just as I stand watching and ready to run to the aid of my little grandchild, God does the same in relation to us. I walked away thinking “wow” it feels good to be watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment