Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Power of Forgiveness

The medical world is just now finding out what Jesus knew centuries ago; there is power and healing in forgiveness. No wonder he said, “Forgive and it shall be forgiven you.” The human system was not made to harbor offenses. They will break down the body and confuse the mind. That’s why we have to let them go. I heard the story recently of a woman who went to the doctor and discovered she had rabies. She asked for a pen and paper. The doctor assuming she was writing a message to a loved one or writing something regarding her last will and testament asked, “What are you doing?” She replied, “I’m making a list of all the people I want to bite before I die.” It sounds like she may have had a problem with forgiveness. What about you? Do you have trouble forgiving? One person has said, “Failure to forgive another person may or may not hurt them but it is certain to destroy me.” I encourage you to forgive those who have offended you and consider making the following promises.
• I promise to not dwell and think about the situation.
• I promise to not use it against you in the future.
• I promise to not talk about it with others.
• I promise to not let it stand between us.
For in the words of Jesus to forgive is to be forgiven, which means you discover the power of forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment