Monday, October 3, 2011

WISDOM FOR DAILY LIVING

Recently I read a quote that offered some much needed advice. “When something happens to you good or bad, consider what it means. There’s a purpose to life’s events, to teach you how to laugh more or not to cry too hard.” Little did I know that I would need this wisdom only days after reading it. Early this week I received a phone call informing me that my email account had been hacked into and a bogus message sent out to my contacts. The fraudulent message informed the readers that I had travelled to the UK and had been mugged. My cash and credit cards had been stolen leaving me penniless. Thus, I needed money to help me return home. Needless to say I was upset by the correspondence and started working immediately to correct the faulty information. Why did this trouble me so? First, I did not like the fact that someone had trespassed into my account. Secondly, I was embarrassed that my friends had been asked for money. Last of all I was frustrated that I had to take the biggest part of a day correcting the problem. Although I offered my fair share of complaints it suddenly dawned on me that I should be thankful. Be thankful—for what reason? I was home instead of stranded in some foreign country. And even though I didn’t have a large amount of cash, I had all I needed. More blessed was the fact that I had been the target of deceit rather than being the deceiver. Most of all was the assurance that I had multiple friends that reached out in concern, letting me know that they were ready to respond with help had the need been legitimate. Given these facts I ended the day realizing things were not that bad when put in the proper perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment