Sunday, November 6, 2011

Grace is the Place

Have you ever felt like there was more trouble in a day than you could deal with? Maybe you’re like me and have had those mornings when you felt like the person who prayed the following prayer: Dear Lord, so far today, I’m doing all right. I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or self-indulgent. I have not whined, complained, cursed, or eaten anything chocolate and I have charged nothing on my credit card. But I will be getting out of bed in a minute, and I think that I will really need your help then. Yes, there are those days when we are made aware of our human proclivity and the temptation to step away from spirituality in order to engage in activity that is totally ridiculous. Our potential to mess up is the reason Paul talked so much about grace and its sufficiency in his letters to the church. He understood our weakness, but also realized the power needed to deal with it. So what’s the answer to this dilemma? Most would argue that our sinful actions will result in a fall from grace. While this is a possibility, I would like to propose a different alternative; that is a fall into grace. God the Father has made provision and has directed us to fall into something greater than our failure. In times of sin we find forgiveness; in times of temptation we find strength; in times of discouragement we find hope. For every situation there is an answer that can be found and Grace is the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment