Sunday, June 10, 2012

Need a Cleansing?

While on vacation at the beach a few days ago my daughter gave me what is called an Herbal Cleanse.  Through reading the instructions, I learned that this is a metabolic cleansing system intended to move food residue through the body more efficiently, optimize digestion, improve the skin tone and provide an enhanced feeling of mental alertness.  As I understand it, if this process is completed every three months, I will feel like a new person. This sounds like something I really need.  Who doesn’t want to feel better, look better and most of all remember more. Where has this stuff been all my life?  And just think it comes in a box, is moderately priced and has simple instructions.  You would think that a person should be completely satisfied with such a marvelous gift.  However, while meditating on one of my morning runs, the thought came to me that I needed something more than an Herbal Cleanse. This covers the physical part of my life but what do I do about the spiritual.  You see, I find myself daily in need of a cleansing of the body, soul, and spirit.  As these thoughts were bombarding my mind, my attention was drawn to the ocean and the thrashing of the waves.  It suddenly dawned upon me the power that lay within the force of the water.  Nothing really stands in its way. It cleans out, pushes aside, and purifies everything it comes in contact with.  No doubt this is the picture being suggested when the Holy Spirit inspired the words found in Acts 3:19.   Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.”  Also, in John 7:38, “He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” These verses suggest that God has a cleansing process and when the proper instructions are followed one can receive a Divine Cleanse by the power of the Holy Spirit. That’s great news; now I have the physical and the spiritual covered and all that is necessary is the proper implementation. How about you? Need a cleansing?   

No comments:

Post a Comment