Sunday, November 25, 2012

Promise Less Deliver More


Someone introduced me to a business principle recently that I had not heard before—“Promise less and deliver more.”  As I understand it, operating with this motto keeps the public from being constantly disappointed.  As you are well aware our lives are inundated with magazine articles and television commercials advertising programs that do not produce.  It is no wonder people feel like they are forever being cheated or scammed. How refreshing it is when you experience getting more than you expected. This happened to me just a few days ago.  My wife and I pulled into Arby’s to get the daily special, a couple of Beef and Cheddar sandwiches.  We placed our order and proceeded in line.  While on the way I thought “man I love their curly fries I wish I had ordered some.” To my surprise when we reached the window to pay the employee handed us our order and said, “I’m sorry you had to wait longer than usual, I’ve included a large order of fries for your inconvenience.”  Arby’s was only responsible to deliver what the sign had posted but this worker decided to deliver more.  The truth is I didn’t feel like we had to wait any longer than normal.  However, I drove away pulling those battered munchies out of the bag thinking, “what a blessing!” When it comes to God, He refuses to be restricted by the same guidelines as the business world, that’s why His motto is “Promise more and deliver more!” Isn’t that what Paul stated in Ephesians 3:20, “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think.”  Isn’t he saying that God does what He promises and much more? This sounds to me like a good reason to give thanks! What do you think?         

No comments:

Post a Comment